Thursday 6 May 2010

Rendering

I have used the same approach as the other two tasks for the lighting and texturing in this scene. I have used a very simple lighting system and given the character a colour so that the scene isn't completely grey like it was before. Below is the final rendered scene:




I think that this piece is successful because it is clear to the audience what is happening in the scene. I am also happy with the facial animation which needed to be good as this is one of the major points of focus in a non-dialogue performance.

The major problem with this animation that I would want to change is that everything happens a bit too fast. I think that the thinking time needs to be longer in a couple of places so that the audience has more time to see what the characters reaction is. The reason why I havn't altered this too much is because if I add any more thinking time, the piece will run over it's allocated 20 seconds.

Therefore, if I were going to start over on this task, I would think about cutting it down so that I could add more of the characters reactions in. This would have made this scene much more successful than it is in its current state.

No comments:

Post a Comment