Tuesday 16 March 2010

Blocking

From the recordings that I gathered for reference footage I have been blocking out the scene using the timing in the animatic. The video below shows the first stage of blocking:



I am fairly happy with most of the poses in the scene. I think that it will make a really good mime piece because most of the performance will be in the characters facial expression. I showed the movie to my tutor and the feedback was very useful. One of the suggestions was to have the camera closer in so that we can concentrate on the face. It was also suggested that the sandwich could get closer to his mouth each time which would build up the anticipation and also that I could replace the hand gesture with something more subtle.

I have had a go at making these changes and also added in some facial expression so that you can see exactly what his mood is at all times. The movie below shows these changes:


No comments:

Post a Comment